Saturday, May 4, 2013

Poisoning the masses: Mansonto test results

Some GMO foods have been proven in laboratory tests (on rats and mammals including monkeys) to cause: NEW allergies, cancer, sterility (consumers losing their ability to become pregnant and have children), miscarriages, seizures, and even death!

French scientists have found that  Monsanto's NK603 GMO corn accelerates tumors.
 In a two-year study, a team of French researchers found that rats who were fed Monsanto’s “Roundup Ready” corn developed significantly more tumors than a control group which was not fed GM corn. They also decovered that rats fed a GM diet developed tumors that appeared earlier, behaved more aggressively, and died sooner than rats in the control group. In accordance with scientific method, this test can be replicated in order to prove the results. After the results were made public Monsanto started a public relations campaign to down play the results and reassure consumers. Nothing says healthy and delicious like this image below. Yum.

The French government has asked its health and safety agency to assess the study and had also sent it to the European Union's food safety agency.

 The French health, environment and farm ministries said in a joint statement:
 "Based on the conclusion…, the government will ask the European authorities to take all necessary measures to protect human and animal health, measures that could go as far as an emergency suspension of imports of NK603 maize in the European Union,"

These aren't the only troubling test results about GM food. Let's examine another.

Egyptian scientists experiment:
After Egypt agreed to import Monsanto’s genetically modified corn, MON 810, (tens of thousands of tons of it, to give you an idea of the amount.), An Egyptian scientist named Hussein Kaoud decided to fund an experiment to test it's effects on rats. Kaoud, (of Cairo University’s Faculty of Veterinary Hygiene), fed nine groups of rats and mice different GM foods. GM foods such as potatoes, corn, grapes and tomatoes. These GM foods made up about 10% of the rats diets. The remaining 90% of their diet was conventional, none GM food.

The symptoms started apearing within the first four weeks of the test.

Kaoud stated, “I recorded the alteration of different organs, shrinkage of kidneys, change in the liver and spleen, appearance of malignant parts in the tissues, kidney failure and hemorrhages in the intestine,” Kaoud said. “The brain functions were touched as well, and the rats’ learning and memory abilities were seriously altered,”

He also noted that the death rate of baby rats, whose mothers were fed the diet rose by 35%. 

If these statistics are applicable to humans, then these are very scary results.

British GM potato test:

1995, Dr. Arpad Pusztai, a highly respected British scientist embarked on the first Government funded research project on GM food.
The rats given GM potatoes (raw and cooked) after 10 days showed significant damages - impairment of the immune system, shrinkage of brain, liver and testicles, as well as per-cancerous cell growth in the intestines and stomach. 

 GMO corn and obesity: Results from 10-year study in Norway
Animals fed a GM diet gained weight faster and retained weight longer when compared to animals fed a non-GM diet.

“Researchers found distinct changes to the intestines of animals fed GMOs compared to those fed non-GMOs. This confirms other studies done by US researchers. Significant changes occurred in the digestive systems of the test animals’ major organs including the liver, kidneys, pancreas, genitals and more.”

“They also suffered immune system alterations. The impaired ability to digest proteins may be of particular concern as this can have far-reaching implications for your health. If your body cannot digest proteins, your body will be less able to produce amino acids, which are necessary building blocks for proper cell growth and function. …”

Why have these products been approved by the FDA if tests are producing these results?

No comments:

Post a Comment